In order to increase the quality of foster care services, Tzuby’s Kids Association, in partnership with the Romania Without Orphans Alliance (ARFO), organized, between September 29 and October 13, 2020, a new training in Trauma-Competent Caregiving (TCC) . The course is organized in 9 training modules and has accumulated 20 hours of training. The modules were organized as follows:
- Module 1 Trauma and its impact on a child’s life. Introduction to the essential skills of the person competent in caring for children who have suffered trauma and the definition of the types of trauma.
- Module 2 Understanding trauma and its impact on age development. Details on the impact of trauma on the child’s development.
- Module 3 The course of the person competent in the care of children who have suffered trauma. A presentation of the six characteristics of the person competent in the care of children who have suffered trauma.
- Modules 4 – 9 Essential skills:
- Maximum increase in the child’s sensory safety.
- How we help the child alleviate overwhelming emotions and develop relationships
- How we help the child to change his difficult behaviors and develop relationships
- Strengthening older relationships and promoting new, beneficial relationships
- How we help the child to accept with dignity his life story
- How to take care of ourselves while taking care of children
The group of students consisted of 20 foster parents from Brașov and Sibiu.