At this moment, border crossing points in Romania remain open.
Status of the border crossing points: https://www.politiadefrontiera.ro/en/traficonline/
The grounds for entry in Romania:
- Ukrainian citizens holding biometric passports issued by Ukraine in accordance with the standards of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) can travel without visas, in the EU and implicitly in Romania, for a maximum period of 90 days in any 180 days;
- Ukrainian citizens holding holders of diplomatic, service / official passports issued by Ukraine may travel without visas to Romania for a maximum period of 90 days in any 180 days;
- Ukrainian citizens holding simple (not biometric) passports need a short-stay visa (type C) to enter Romania, for stays not exceeding 90 days during any 180-day period. Exceptions apply if: they hold a valid two or multiple entry short/ long term visa or residency permit issued by a Schengen state, they hold a short/ long term-stay visa or residency permit issued by Bulgaria, Cyprus, or Croatia, they hold long term residency permit of an EU member state, etc.
Exception: under the current circumstances, on the exceptional basis, holders of such passports are allowed as well to enter Romanian territory with the condition to regulate their stay if they exceed 90 days of stay.
- Ukrainian nationals that do not hold passports, are allowed to enter Romanian territory after they are registered by the Romanian authorities and with the purpose of requesting an international protection measure.
- Third-country nationals subject to the obligation to hold a visa under Regulation (EC) No 539/2001, travelling from Ukraine to other countries may transit Romania in a period not exceeding 5 days. Such a transit visa is granted at the border checkpoint, depending on the situation. For a longer stay on the Romanian territory they have to apply for one of the alternatives provided by the Romanian Immigration Law for extending the right to stay in Romania.
More details about entry, stay and work in Romania available @ https://www.pwc.ro/en/romania-crisis-centre/crisis-response/rules-applicable-for-ukrainian-nationals-on-the-territory-of-rom.html